Thursday, January 6, 2011

Short Sales re-visited again!

I used to think only 7% of short sales in escrow closed, but that has changed.
They are at last in double digits - the lowest of double digits.

Of 5949 short sales in escrow, Las Vegas closed 766 in the past 30 days. = 13% success rate. (this is better than it has been!) "Hey coach, put me in. I'm making 13% of my shots and I shoot like crazy!"

There are another 6300 short sales in ER (available) status in the Las Vegas valley.
Of 2828 NON-short sales in escrow, Las Vegas closed 2114 in the past 30 days = 75% success rate. Even Kobe rarely hits this percentage.

There are another 6244 NON-short sales available.
Short sales are half the market. There are three times as many shorts in escrow as non-shots, but there are only 1/4 as many short sale closings as regular closings.

My advice still is "take the high percentage shot" and bench the low percentage player.
Good Hunting.

No comments: